Careers With Land Trust Of Napa County
Reward yourself with a career in conservation. Land Trust of Napa County is a community-based nonprofit dedicated to preserving the character of Napa by permanently protecting land. We collaborate with the community to protect our most cherished places, while supporting our economic livelihood and well-being. For Napa County this means protecting farmland, water resources, recreational areas and wildlife corridors.
Land Trust of Napa County is an equal opportunity employer.
Current Job Openings –
The Senior Accountant (SA) is responsible for managing the day-to-day accounting operations of the Land Trust of Napa County (LTNC) including auditing, general ledger, and IRS 990 reporting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and internal policies and procedures. The SA will also be responsible for maintaining an adequate system of accounting records. The SA will work closely with the CEO, Administrative Director (AD) and Finance Manager (FM) building, streamlining and managing effective financial and reporting systems.
The position is full-time, with benefits, exempt, and reports to the AD. The SA’s work will be supervised by the FM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with the CEO, AD, FM, Administrative Assistant (AA) and other staff to ensure that accounting activities are performed accurately and on time.
• Work with CEO, AD and FM to establish, maintain, and continuously improve financial processes of the LTNC (and the software that supports them) in a manner consistent with GAAP, and other legal/regulatory requirements.
• Manage Monthly, Quarterly and Annual close, including:
o Performing Bank and Deposit reconciliations and investment allocation entries
o Reviewing AP and AR coding
o Reviewing AR deposits
o Post Fixed Asset, Payroll, Investment, AP, AR, cash and credit card transactions into the accounting system
o Reviewing for completeness and errors
o Processing adjusting entries as necessary
o Processing year-end adjusting entries
• Manage the annual close including the production all required documents and schedules for the financial audit and IRS Form 990.
• Serve as the primary contact for the auditors and Audit Committee.
• Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
• Substantiate financial transactions by analyzing documents.
• Maintain Chart of Accounts.
• Coordinate accounting activities with the AA and answer questions as needed.
• Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
• Remain up-to-date on accounting methodologies and procedures, and all federal, state, and local legal requirements. Advise the CEO, AD, and FM on needed action.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Attend/Participate in Finance and Audit Committee meetings.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance; and 5+ years in an organization of similar size and scope of job responsibilities.
2. Seasoned professional (5+ years) coordinating, inspiring and motivating teams to reach their highest potential.
3. Knowledge of nonprofit accounting required.
4. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products is a must; and an understanding of and experience with nonprofit financial databases, such as Financial Edge, is required.
5. Ability to work cross-functionally with LTNC staff and high-level volunteers and donors.
6. Ability to work under and comply with continuous and multiple deadlines and evolving priorities. Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
7. Ability to plan, set priorities, organize, delegate and follow-through to completion on all areas of responsibility in a timely manner.
8. Skilled communicator, with superior interpersonal, verbal and written skills as well as diligent attention to detail.
9. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
10. Commitment to organization, attention to detail, highly efficient and conscientious about thorough follow-up.
11. Able to handle confidential information and maintain high confidentiality.
12. Flexibility and sense of humor a must.
13. Knowledge of environmental issues helpful.
14. Ability to lift 40 lbs and be able to perform daily repetitive hand motions as it pertains to computer mouse and keyboard.
Send letter and resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls please. Please reference Senior Accountant 2018 in your subject line.